Saturday, October 13, 2018

Marvel Masterworks: Daredevil, Vol. 2

Marvel Masterworks: Daredevil, Vol. 2Marvel Masterworks: Daredevil, Vol. 2 by Stan Lee
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Marvel Masterworks: Daredevil, Volume 2 contains Daredevil #12 to #21.

In this volume, Daredevil takes on The Plunderer, Ox, the Masked Marauder, the Gladiator, and the Owl and has classic super-hero misunderstandings with Spider-Man and Ka-Zar. Oh, and Foggy is pretending to be Daredevil to impress Karen Page. Nothing can go wrong with that...

The stories aren't as good as volume two. I'll just say that right off the bat. The Marauder and The Gladiator took up entirely too much of Daredevil's time. The art, however...

The art in this volume is spectacular for the time period. Jack Kirby, John Romita, and Gene Colan each take a hand at penciling old horn head. While I love me some Kirby and Romita, Gene Colan's Daredevil is the Daredevil I picture in my head, the same way Jim Aparo's Batman is the first Batman to come to mind.

I say the art in this volume was easily worth the $15 bucks I paid. The story, not so much. Stan Lee was stretching himself thinner than Mr. Fantastic at this point in time. Three out of five stars.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment