Friday, January 25, 2019

Black Hammer: Age of Doom part 1

Black Hammer, Vol. 3: Age of Doom Part OneBlack Hammer, Vol. 3: Age of Doom Part One by Jeff Lemire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lucy Weber finally discovers the truth about the Farm and her father's death...

The big payoff is finally here, the truth behind the Farm, the truth behind where Spiral City's greatest heroes wound up after the battle with the Anti-God, and it's a whopper! I don't want to spoil too much but the revelation is well worth it. The new Black Hammer proves she's worth of her father's name and hammer.

I love how Jeff Lemire has woven together elements of silver age super heroes and DC's science fiction and horror titles into a long Twilight Zone episode. I did not expect to see the character analogues Lemire threw my way.

Lemire's writing is great and the rest of the creative team more than holds up their end of things. Dean Ormston and Dave Stewart knock the art out of the park and Todd Klein's lettering is as masterful as always.

Barbalien, Golden Gail, and Abraham Slam reacted like I thought they would to the revelation of what was going on. Now the way for the next installment begins. 4 out of 5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment