Sunday, March 7, 2021

Cosmo: Space Aces

Cosmo Vol. 1: Space Aces (Cosmos)Cosmo Vol. 1: Space Aces by Ian Flynn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When Cosmo and friends pick up a distress signal from the moon, they get more than they bargained for...

As the father of a toddler and uncle of a nephew who has recently gotten interested in comics, I'm on the lookout for fare appropriate to younger readers and this one fit the bill. I picked it up during one of the numerous sales Archie did in 2020.

First off, Tracy Yardley's art in this is fantastic. It reminds me of Astro Boy with some of the more cartoony renditions of Mega Man thrown in. It feels like the adaptation of a cartoon I have hazy memories of.

The story is all ages appropriate. Cosmo and the gang investigate a distress signal from an abandoned amusement park on the moon and meet up with human adventurer Max Strongjaw. Hilarity ensues. Lots of jokes, lots of fun action. That's about all I have to say. The book feels tailor made for an adaptation by Pixar.

Cosmo: Space Aces is a fun all ages story that should appeal to Pixar fans. Three out of five stars, adjusted for the burden of old age.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment