Monday, March 1, 2021

Scooby-Doo Team-Up: Doomed

Scooby-Doo Team-Up (2013-): Doomed! Scooby-Doo Team-Up (2013-): Doomed!  by Sholly Fisch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Scooby-Doo Team-Up: Doomed collects material from Scooby-Doo Team-Up #37-43.

As I've said before, I'm a Scooby-Doo guy from way back, specifically the ones where the gang teams with a special guest. In the case of this volume, the special guests are Supergirl & Streaky the super cat, Dynamutt & Blue Falcon, The Justice Society, Swamp Thing, The Ant Hill Mob, The Doom Patrol, and a host of DC's gorilla or gorilla adjacent characters.

The Doom Patrol story was easily my favorite but all of the stories were fun. I did not expect references to The Painting That Ate Paris or Danny the Street in a kid's comic! The only story I wasn't ass over teakettle for was the Ant Hill Mob one but that's because I wasn't familiar with the characters.

While the book is geared toward kids, it's still fun for adults. Sholly Fisch perfectly captures the tone of the Scooby-Doo characters and while he's respectful and reverent to the DC characters, he doesn't mind making jokes at their expense, like Wonder Woman's role as the Justice Society's secretary.

Scooby-Doo Team-Up: Doomed is fun for kids and adults and shows more love to the history of the DC universe than the main line has in years. Four out of five stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment