Sunday, July 25, 2021

Blacksad: A Silent Hell

Blacksad: A Silent Hell (Blacksad, #4)Blacksad: A Silent Hell by Juan Díaz Canales
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When Blacksad is hired to find a missing blues pianist in New Orleans, he becomes ensnared in a web of drugs, deceit, and murder...

The first Blacksad book was excellent so I nabbed this one at the first opportunity. I was not disappointed.

Juan Diaz Canales draws from the well of noir masters in A Silent Hell, a tale of decades old crimes coming back to fester at the worst possible time. Blacksad rattles the right cages and punches the right bad guys but there is no happily ever after.

Juanjo Guarnido's art is amazing, watercolor over detailed linework. You can he uses a ton of photo references to get the feel of New Orleans right. Photo references or not, the man is a master. Roughly half of the book is process notes and a couple two pagers. The process stuff was interesting to me but I could see how some people would feel a little screwed. The two pagers were both good.

Blacksad: A Silent Hell is a worthy addition to the Blacksad canon. 4 out of 5 stars.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. What did you think of the first volume? I looked for a review of it on your GR profile, but couldn't find it.

    ReplyDelete