Friday, July 16, 2021

Red Sonja & Vampirella Meet Betty & Veronica

Red Sonja & Vampirella Meet Betty & VeronicaRed Sonja & Vampirella Meet Betty & Veronica by Amy Chu
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

On evil's trail, Vampirella and Red Sonja wind up in Riverdale. Will Betty and Veronica be enough help to stop the Cult of Chaos and their killing spree?

As I've mentioned before, I'm an Archie guy from way back and I'm a sucker for any time the Riverdale gang gets involved in a crossover. I had this on my radar and my wife got me this for my birthday.

I'll get the gripes out of the way first. This collects the first six issues of Red Sonja & Vampirella Meet Betty & Veronica but there's really only enough meat here for four issues, if that. I also thought maybe the art style was overly serious considering this a teen humor crossover with bad girl characters.

Gripes aside, it's a fun read. The story is as ridiculous as you think it is. Vampi and Sonja team with Betty and Veronica to stop some killers. For my money, Red Sonja was the star of the show with her deadpan humor and fish out of water jokes.

Red Sonja & Vampirella Meet Betty & Veronica wasn't as fantastic as I hoped but it's good enough to make me want to read the rest of it. Three out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment