Thursday, September 3, 2020

The Complete Far Side - Volume Two

The Complete Far Side - Book TwoThe Complete Far Side - Book Two by Gary Larson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Complete Far Side - Book Two collects Far Side comics from July 1984 to June 1988.

Man probably wasn't meant to digest this much dark, absurdist humor in such a short time span but I seem to be okay. Anyway, The Far Side was hitting its stride at this time. The artwork is a notch better than the first volume and Larson certainly found his groove. I actually laughed out loud a few times and made my wife read some of the best cartoons. Such as...





The humor skews a little darker than the first volume so it was right up my alley. The angry letters to Far Side printed in this collection show that a lot of people didn't have much of a sense of humor even in the pre-Internet days. I don't really know what else to say. It's a collection of funny newspaper strips.

The Complete Far Side - Book Two: Witness one of the greatest newspaper strips of all time in its prime. Five out of five stars.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment