Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The Flash, Vol. 1: The Dastardly Death of the Rogues

The Flash, Vol. 1: The Dastardly Death of the RoguesThe Flash, Vol. 1: The Dastardly Death of the Rogues by Geoff Johns
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Mirror Master is found dead and it looks like The Flash is his killer. Only it's not any version of Mirror Master The Flash has ever encountered, and future versions of The Rogues have arrived from the 25th century to bring The Flash to justice...

First, the good stuff. Geoff Johns and Francis Manapul do a good job of finding cool ways to utilize the Flash's super speed, like rebuilding an apartment building, for instance. The future versions of the Rogues, the Renegades, were pretty cool. Commander Cold, Weather Warlock, and the rest were interesting antagonists. I liked how The Flash cracked the mystery of what actually happened to the Mirror Monarch.

So why only a three? I still feel like bringing back Barry Allen was a bit unnecessary. With minor tweaking, this could have easily been a Wally West story. It was a good Flash story but it was still mostly a Flash story, not a Barry Allen story, if that makes any sense.

It had its moments but I was not overwhelmed by awesomeness. I enjoyed it but if I wasn't already committed to reading Flashpoint, I probably wouldn't pick up the next volume.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment