Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Dantastic Thoughts - Marvel Unlimited

I've been a Marvel Unlimited subscriber for about a month now.  I love it!

I was apprehensive at first.  Would I even enjoy reading comics on my computer?  How would the selection be?  Would I get my money's worth?

During a lull at work, I decided to take the plunge.  Marvel Unlimited really filled up some dead time in my schedule.  I think I got my money's worth in the first day.  The viewer on the website lets you scroll from panel to panel, making reading comics on a computer monitor pretty pleasurable, although there were scrolling bugs on some pages.

The selection has been pretty fantastic.  It's about six months behind the newsstand or wherever it is people buy comics these days.  There are some gaps in older titles and with more obscure characters but that's to be expected with almost sixty years of material to draw from.

Marvel Unlimited actually convinced me to start this blog.  I've got months of material scheduled in advance.  How else could a guy read the entire Mark Waid Daredevil run without going broke, along with Matt Fraction's Hawkeye and more issues of the Fantastic Four than any man should read?

To sum up, I do not regret signing up for Marvel Unlimited at all.  DC and other companies should do something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment