Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Blue Book Volume 1: 1961

Blue Book Volume 1: 1961Blue Book Volume 1: 1961 by James Tynion IV
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This collects Blue Book #1-5, originally published on Substack.

I was heavily into UFO stuff as a teenager but eventually outgrew it. Still, I'm a fan of Michael Avon Oeming and a book with just a black/white/three shades of blue color palette was impossible to pass up.

I fucking loved this! Tynion tells the story of Betty and Barney Hill, a couple who were allegedly abducted by aliens in 1961. Tynion sticks to the facts, not going all in on the skepticism or the believer POV when it comes to UFOs. Oeming's art is right in my wheelhouse, a minimalist affair that is extremely effective. I was already familiar with the story of Betty and Barney Hill but Tynion weaves everything together into something compelling and new.

Five out of five stars. I hope Tynion and Oeming do more of these.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment