Thursday, June 9, 2016

Indestructible Hulk, Vol. 1: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Indestructible Hulk, Vol. 1: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.Indestructible Hulk, Vol. 1: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. by Mark Waid
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

1 - Bruce Banner makes a deal with SHIELD to use the Hulk as a weapon in exchange for them funding his lab. His first task is to take down the Mad Thinker.

I've never been much of a Hulk fan. To me, he's so powerful that he's more of a plot device than a character, kind of like Superman. However, what Mark Waid is doing here piqued my interest. The first issue was a nice setup for what promises to be an interesting run.

2 - Banner and Tony Stark have a conversation that eventually turns ugly.

Much like he's done on Daredevil, Waid plums the depths of Bruce Banner's psyche. His motivation for taking Tony out into the Himalayas made sense, although a super genius should have taken into account what would have happened with the Gamma Fracker.

3 - The Hulk is unleashed against the Quintronic Man!

There wasn't a lot of meat to this one. The fight with the Quintronic Man wasn't as interesting as Banner's new lab crew being recruited.

4 - Banner meets his team and The Hulk is set against Attuma and the Lemurians!

While I like the Banner parts of this series, the Hulk is still the Hulk.

5 - Hulk and Attuma have it out.

Yeah, this one is also mostly fighting.

Closing Thoughts: I'm not nearly as enamored with this series as I thought. The Hulk is still the Hulk. However, Walt Simonson draws some of the next volume and Daredevil appears so I'm up for one more. 3 out of 5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment