Saturday, April 7, 2018

Infamous Iron Man, Volume 1: Infamous

Infamous Iron Man, Volume 1: InfamousInfamous Iron Man, Volume 1: Infamous by Brian Michael Bendis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

With Tony Stark dead, Victor Von Doom takes up his mantle as the Infamous Iron Man! But not everyone things Doom is on the up and up...

Since I'm a lifelong Fantastic Four fan, Doom going legit intrigued me so I fired up Marvel Unlimited.

The art by Alex Maleev was really good and I like the way Bendis writes Doctor Doom. Seeing Doctor Doom take out Diablo and the Mad Thinker was pretty satisfying.

However, a lot of things bugged be. Everyone other than Doom spoke with the same snarky dialogue and the six issues could have easily been two or three and still been "decompressed." The Thing was in the book but he wound up being a big letdown as well.

Visually, I thought the book was great and I liked Doctor Doom trying to be good. Other than that, the book felt lazy and padded. Three out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment