Saturday, April 7, 2018

Infamous Iron Man Vol. 2: The Absolution of Doom

Infamous Iron Man Vol. 2: The Absolution of DoomInfamous Iron Man Vol. 2: The Absolution of Doom by Brian Michael Bendis
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The Infamous Iron Man and Doctor Strange take on whomever has been pulling the strings behind Doom's mother and Reed Richards...

As I said in my review for the first volume, the art was great and I liked the way Bendis wrote Doctor Doom. However, it turns out I'm not a fan of Bendis' writing in general. The snarky dialogue coming out of everyone's mouth gets very quickly. Everything is paced so sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly and so written for the eventual trade paperbacks that I would be hugely pissed trying to read anything of his in singles.

The twelve issues of Infamous Iron man could have been compressed down into six and still had plenty of breathing room. I don't know that Bendis is the one that popularized the modern, "decompressed" storytelling but he's one of the biggest abusers of it.

The big bad was revealed and what there was of the final fight was good but it felt rushed. Why have an epic battle when you can have page after page of people talking?

Two stars. I'm done with Bendis for a while.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment