Monday, April 9, 2018

Karnak: The Flaw in All Things

Karnak: The Flaw in All ThingsKarnak: The Flaw in All Things by Warren Ellis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Satan was just a story. I am Karnak."

When Karnak goes looking for a kid exposed to Terrigen mist for SHIELD, he runs afoul of IDIC, a dark science organization. It seems a cult has formed around the boy, seeing him as a messiah...

Karnak has been my favorite member of the Inhumans since I first stumbled upon them in an issue of Marvel Two-In-One years ago. I read the first issue on Marvel Unlimited and liked it. Now that the series is complete, I'm all-in.

Warren Ellis weaves an offbeat tale here. Karnak's philosopher detective persona is in full effect here, like an ultra-serious Dirk Gently in a way. Karnak sees the flaw in all things, making him a phenomenal detective and martial artist.

The somewhat philosophical quest Karnak finds himself on fits the character very well. While Karnak ass-kicks his way to finding the missing boy, philosophical questions are raised. By the end, even Karnak isn't sure of things.

While it isn't your standard super-hero tale, I really enjoyed Ellis' take on Karnak. I'd love to see Ellis do a team book with Karnak as the member. Four out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment