Saturday, July 7, 2018

Chew volume 5 - Major League

Chew, Vol. 5: Major LeagueChew, Vol. 5: Major League by John Layman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Chu and Colby get kicked out of the FDA. Chu winds up working as a traffic cop and actually likes it. However, things won't stay peaches and gravy forever...

Here we are, volume 5 in the adventures of everyone's favorite cibopathic detectve, Tony Chu.

Chu is working as a traffic cop and Colby is a USDA agent when the book starts. Meanwhile, Savoy and Valenzano have Chu's daughter Olive and want to train her as an agent. Amelia's ex-boyfriend kidnaps Chu and wants to use his power to find the sex secrets of dead baseball players. Meanwhile, Agent Colby's new partner is a lion...

Overall, I liked Major League. Layman has further expanded Chu's world of food-related super powers. I also liked that Olive is working with Savoy and Colby's new job at the FDA. Chu's plight was interesting and his new career path opened up a lot of new possibilities.

I still feel like the book is in a holding pattern regarding the overall plot, though. I'm going to trust Layman has a point with a lot of the new elements introduced and continue the series, at least for another volume or two.

While my enthusiasm for Chew isn't what it once was, Major League was entertaining. 3 out of 5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment