Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Twilight Zone: The Shadow

The Twilight Zone: The ShadowThe Twilight Zone: The Shadow by David Avallone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kent Allard's past took him down the path of becoming The Shadow but now that path has led him into... The Twilight Zone!

Consider if you will, a man wearing many masks, cloaking himself in lies, until no one is sure of the truth. Such a man will quickly find himself trapped... in the Twilight Zone.

While I dig The Shadow, I'm a tremendous fan of the original Twilight Zone. How could I pass something like this up? I wasn't sure how the story would work but I was ultimately quite pleased.

After a raid on some American Nazis, The Shadow and Margo Lane are arguing about the Shadow losing some of his humanity when there is an explosion, an explosion that sees The Shadow waking up in different realities as different aspects of himself, complete with opening and closing narration by Rod Serling. The Shadow's best weapon proves to be his mind and he manages to pull through, of course.

Francesco Franavilla provides some sweet covers and Dave Acosta does good work on the interiors. About the only thing I can really gripe about is that I wish the interior was black and white instead of color in keeping with the Twilight Zone.

Sometimes, a man's expectations can be exceeded in strange ways and he can learn unexpected lessons... in the Twilight Zone.

Four out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment