Saturday, March 2, 2019

The Immortal Hulk: The Green Door

Immortal Hulk, Vol. 2: The Green DoorImmortal Hulk, Vol. 2: The Green Door by Al Ewing
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Immortal Hulk: The Green Door collected Immortal Hulk 6-10.

Immortal Hulk: The Green Door picks up where the last volume left off. Bruce Banner is on the run, just like the good old days, both from his enemies and from the evil that lurks within, The Immortal Hulk! In this volume, old jade jaws goes up against Gamma Flight, the Avengers, and a beefed up Absorbing Man. That undersells it, though.

The Immortal Hulk is more of a horror comic than it is a super hero comic. What's more horrifying than a pissed off monster that could rip your head off without the slightest strain? Al Ewing's Hulk is like a pit bull that's broken free of its chains after a lifetime of having some asshole beat the shit out it.

The gore level is high and there is some grotesque imagery I don't want to spoil for anyone. The only way I would enjoy the Immortal Hulk more is if Bernie Wrightson was doing the art. It's that damn good. The ending has me wanting the third volume right now!

I don't know why no one has attempted doing The Hulk as a straight up horror comic but The Immortal Hulk really works for me. 4.5 out of 5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment