Monday, February 17, 2020

Archie Meets Kiss

Archie Meets KISSArchie Meets KISS by Alex Segura
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When a protection goes south, Sabrina the Teenage Witch inadvertantly summons soul-sucking monsters to Riverdale. Fortunately, she also summons the gods of rock and roll, KISS! Can even KISS keep the monsters from sucking every last bit of fun from Riverdale?

As a pre-teen, Archie was one of my favorite comics. Now, as I'm in my '40s, I still like picking up an Archie book now and again, particularly when something strange is going on, like Archie meeting Batman, The Predator, or, in this case, KISS.

In this outing, Dan Parent and Alex Segura tell a tale in the classic Archie style that also happens to feature monsters, magic, and KISS. It goes about how you would expect, with monster bashing and rock and roll, but it's still a fun tale.

Veronica drives home the point that in no way should Archie choose her over Betty. Hell, if I was Archie, I'd be gunning for Sabrina with her plaid skirt and knee high socks. Ahem... anyway, seeing the KISS gang depicted in the classic Archie style is a treat. 3.5 out of 5 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment