Thursday, February 25, 2021

Beorn: The Littlest Viking Saga - The Island

Bëorn: The Littlest Viking Saga - The Island (Book 1)Bëorn: The Littlest Viking Saga - The Island by Ben Bender
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When an old wizard gives Beorn, the littlest Viking, a map, he goes off to seek his fate. Will he become the legendary hero he dreams of being?

I follow Ben Bender on Twitter and he's a talented little viking so I was all over this when the Kickstarter was created. I've had the Beorn magnet on my fridge for a while and made this one of my March priorities when I got it in the mail. I may have jumped the gun a bit but this was worth it.

Beorn's tale is one of a hero in the making. After a short voyage, the littlest viking winds up on an island that isn't on the map and gets his first taste of danger.

This is one gorgeous book. Ben Bender's art reminds me of Bill Watterson, Jeff Smith, and Charles Schulz with a bunch of other artists thrown in. It's easily in the top three books I've gotten from a Kickstarter. The production is as professional as it gets and the colors are vibrant. You'd never know this was a DIY job. There are some bonus materials in the back, like pinups, test pages, and a couple pages on how Ma Bender's Little Boy puts his pages together.

Beorn: The Littlest Viking Saga - The Island is the gorgeous beginning of a promising saga. More please. 4.5 out of five one-eyed ravens.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment