Thursday, February 25, 2021

The Immortal Hulk: The Keeper of the Door

Immortal Hulk, Vol. 8: The Keeper of the DoorImmortal Hulk, Vol. 8: The Keeper of the Door by Al Ewing
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Immortal Hulk, Vol. 8: The Keeper of the Door collects issues 36-40 of The Immortal Hulk.

I only read two current Marvel books and The Immortal Hulk is one of them. I'm getting to the point where I need to reread the previous volumes, though. In this volume, Bruce Banner goes up against The Leader. Gamma Flight and Doc Samson are also in the mix.

Body horror abounds in this one as The Hulk gets a laser blast through the head and various characters are torn apart in various ways. Even more than previous volumes, this one reminds me of the Len Wein-Berni Wrightson Swamp Thing run of the 1970s.

Ewing and Bennett continue taking the Hulk t0 some uncomfortable places and I'm all about it. My only gripe is that like the last two volumes, this one feels a little too decompressed for my taste.

Immortal Hulk continues to be one of the top Marvel books. Sad we only get two more trades of this. Four out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment