Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Turok, Son of Stone Archives Volume 3

Turok, Son of Stone Archives, Volume 3Turok, Son of Stone Archives, Volume 3 by Paul S. Newman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked the Turok, Dinosaur Hunter from Valiant but I've only ever read one issue of the Gold Key comic. Until now.

This archive collects Turok #13-18. I've never read the beginning of the series but it wasn't hard to pick up on. Turok and Andar wander the Lost Valley, a land that time forgot, encountering cavemen and various prehistoric creatures, mostly dinosaurs which they call honkers for reasons unknown to me.

All the tales are by Paul S. Newman. The guy knows his way around short adventure yarns. Nothing exceptional but just good stories. The art varies from story to story. Ray Bailey, Rex Maxon, Bob Fujitani, Giovanni Ricci, Alberto Giolitti, and Bob Correa are listed in the credits but the stories themselves are unsigned. Each man drew a good dinosaur, though.

Like I said, the stories are good but I didn't find any of them to be exceptional. I think my favorite part of the book was the Young Earth stories in each issue, factual comics about earth's prehistory.

Three out of five stars. Good thing I liked it since I also have volumes 4-7.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment