Saturday, May 7, 2022

Section Zero Volume Zero

Section Zero vol. 0: There Is No Section ZeroSection Zero vol. 0: There Is No Section Zero by Karl Kesel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There is no Section Zero!

I contribute to more kickstarters than I should. I got this one as an add-on to an Impossible Jones kickstarter. Totally worth it.

Section Zero is a Challengers of the Unknown/Fantastic Four team that tracks down cryptids and other unexplained phenomena. Or it would if there was a Section Zero, which there isn't.

Karl Kesel teams with Tom Grummett in this, reuniting the Superboy team from ages past, and they haven't missed a step. This very much feels like a Fantastic Four book but better than the Fantastic Four has been in years. The characters are an interesting mix. None of them feel like retreads of other characters to me. There's action, adventure, time travel, and the characters actually progress. By the end of the volume, none of them are where they started.

Still waiting on Section Zero: 1959, though. Four out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment