Sunday, July 15, 2018

Appleseed volume three: The Scales of Prometheus

Appleseed: The Scales of Prometheus (Appleseed, #3)Appleseed: The Scales of Prometheus by Masamune Shirow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Deunan and Briareos continue to struggle with life in utopia despite being in a relationship. A rogue bioroid is on the loose and tensions are running high in Aegis.

As Deunan and Briareos see life in Olympus isn't all it's cracked up to be, relations between the humans and bioroids continue to deteriorate. I have a feeling Arugess is going to wind up being the big bad in the final volume. I'm glad Deunan and Briareos are finally together.

The art continues to amaze me, from the cityscapes to the mech designs. The auto-bugs remind me of the Invid from the third Robotech series. I found the art much easier to follow than in earlier volumes. The feeling that things were lost in translation continues.

While it was action packed, this was my least favorite volume of the series so far. The action scenes were great and I like the characters but I've officially lost track of the story beyond Deunan and Briareos being together and Artemis being some kind of wolf-human hybrid bioroid. Three out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment