Sunday, August 12, 2018

Neon Genesis Evangelion volume 3

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 3Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 3 by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Shinji Ikari returns to Nerve to pilot his Evangelion. But what is the mystery behind Rei Ayanami, the other Eva pilot?

Volume 3 was so much better than volume 2. Shinji wasn't nearly as mopey this time and the focus shifted to the mystery behind Rei. There wasn't a huge amount of action but the action was more intense than the previous volume. There are a lot of character moments in this book and more than enough mystery left for me to want to continue.

The expansion of the supporting cast gives the book a lot more depth than it originally had. I don't know if I'm on board for the whole series but I will definitely read another volume or two. Four out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment