Sunday, August 12, 2018

Neon Genesis Evangelion volume 4

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 4Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 4 by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Just when Shinji was getting comfortable, Asuka, the brash pilot of Eva 02, shows up and throws a wrench into the works. Can she and Shinji get along well enough to work together?

Things are coming together. Asuka really livens things up in Shinji's life, both in the Evangelion and out. After some mishaps, they're forced to live in the same quarters and learn a choreographed dance routine in order to learn to work together. Hilarity ensues.

The addition of Asuka to the cast is a huge improvement on previous volumes. While I was originally interested in the series because of the giant robots, the characters have me hooked. I guess I'll grab a few more next time I'm at the used bookstore. Four out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment