Thursday, April 22, 2021

Tonta

TontaTonta by Jaime Hernández
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Tonta is a collection of tales starring Tonta, half sister of Vivian, aka Frog Mouth. Well, there's one about Ray Dominguez too. Anyway, it's a short collection but has the same punch as Jaime Hernandez' other work. Tonta meanders through the minefield of teenage life and stumbles upon a family secret after her stepfather is shot in a botched burglary.

Old favorites like Maggie and new favorites Vivian and Angel make appearance. Hernandez's art and writing continue to impress me. He doesn't do happily ever after in other books so why should he do it in this one?

I'm running out of good things to say about Jaime Hernandez' books. Good thing, since I'm all caught up now. I'm giving Tonta three stars on its own but it's a four star read if you've read all the Locas books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment