Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Die Kitty Die: Starstruck

Die Kitty Die Volume 4: StarstruckDie Kitty Die Volume 4: Starstruck by Dan Parent
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After escaping the afterlife, Kitty Ravencraft finds herself lost in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

I've decided to spend May chewing through all the comics I got from Kickstarters and haven't read yet. This one was a bonus since it's actually in the Goodreads database.

I haven't read any of Kitty's previous adventures but this one is a lot of fun. Kitty goes from planet to planet, trying to find her way home and meeting parodies of classic science fiction comics characters. I'm not going to spoil them but it was fun trying to spot the references.

Dan Parent and Fernando Ruiz are Archie regulars. The art may be recognizable from their Archie work but Kitty really sexes it up, all the while tacking tentacled monsters, washed up heroes, and time traveling spoilers. The story is fun and also actually funny unlike some other attempted humor comics. The art is a cut above their Archie work and you can tell they had a blast leaving Riverdale a few lightyears behind for awhile.

Die Kitty Die: Starstruck is a saucy send up of Silver Age sci-fi. 4.5 out of 5 destroyed Statues of Liberty. Now I'll have to get the three volumes I missed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment