Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Dear Super-Villains

Dear Super-VillainsDear Super-Villains by Michael Northrop
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

With a secret mission looming in the background, the members of the Legion of Doom take the time to answer messages from their young fans...

I bought Dear Justice League for my son before he was born so I pre-ordered this one for him as soon as it was available. Who cares if he can't read it for a few years?

The format mirrors that of Dear Justice League. This is a collection of short tales, each featuring a Legion of Doom member responding to a message from one of his or her fans, culminating in an attempted jailbreak at Blackgate prison.

The art is cute without being ridiculously so and the writing is clever and funny. Since it's a kid's comic, the characters aren't as nuanced as they normally are but Michael Northrop captures the essence of the characters.

The characters are an interesting mix. Harley Quinn and Catwoman are included, even though they're mostly super heroes now. Katana is another member and I don't think she's ever been a villain. Apart from those, it's the usual Legion of Doom mainstays like Luthor, Black Manta, Gorilla Grodd, and Sinestro.

Dear Super-Villains was a fun little read I'd recommend to parents of future comic readers.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment