Saturday, January 15, 2022

Stray Bullets: Killers

Stray Bullets, Vol. 6: Killers (Stray Bullets: Killers)Stray Bullets, Vol. 6: Killers by David Lapham
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Years after losing his leg in a car crash, Eli finds love in the form of one Virginia Applejack! Will ghosts from Virginia's past catch up with her and tear them apart? Of course they will. It's Stray Bullets.

The giant Stray Bullets omnibus was one of my favorite reads from 2021 and Killers has been on my radar every since. I picked it up with an Amazon gift card I got for Christmas.

The book starts with Eli and Virginia in separate tales that eventually converge when the two meet and fall in love. Virginia's reputation precedes her and it's an uphill climb the entire time, even without her past bubbling up like methane in a cesspool.

David Laphan and his wife Maria drag the young lovers through the underbelly of Maryland once again, with drugs and killers on the periphery at all times. It's hard to believe ten years elapsed between the original Stray Bullets run and this one. I don't think they've lost a step. The art is as crisp as ever and you know from the beginning that no one is walking away unscathed.

Killers is a fitting homecoming for Stray Bullets. Four out of five stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment