Saturday, March 28, 2020

Scooby-Doo Team-Up Volume 1

Scooby-Doo Team-Up Vol. 1Scooby-Doo Team-Up Vol. 1 by Sholly Fisch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a Scooby-Doo fan from way back, particularly the episodes where they teamed with celebrity guests like Batman or the Harlem Globetrotters, so this was on my radar. Thankfully, my wife bought it for me in an effort to stave off cabin fever for another couple days.

In this volume, the Mystery, Inc. gang team up with Batman & Robin, Wonder Woman, the Teen Titans, and the Superfriends. Sholly Fisch and Dario Brizuela do a great job replicating the look and feel of old Scooby-Doo episodes.

There are also plenty of nods to silver age DC comics and lots of humor only adults will get. "Why does Robin sound different when he's with the Teen Titans than he does with Batman? He doesn't sound so much like Shaggy anymore..."

While Scooby-Doo Team-Up is geared toward young readers, there's also plenty for adults to enjoy. Four out of five Scooby Snacks.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment