Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Jughead's Time Police

Jughead's Time PoliceJughead's Time Police by Sina Grace
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When Jughead accidentally gives the judges in a baking contest food poisoning, he's banned from competition for life. Naturally, he invents time travel to avoid this and opens a whole can of worms...

Modern Archie books are right up my alley and this is another 50% off purchase from the Archie store. Plus it has time travel and parallel universes so I was on it like Jughead on a burger.

So this is a breezy little book about destruction of timelines and multiple iterations of Jughead with different agendas. There's classic Jughead, modern Jughead, and a grizzled future version that resembles Cable a bit.

Sina Grace takes a fairly ridiculous starting point and crafts an interesting tale with it, escalating until a Crisis on Infinite Jugheads scenario. Derek Charm's slick artwork was the star of the show for me, reminding me of Doc Shaner a bit at times. My only gripes with this book were that it was a little too decompressed for my tastes and it was over far too quickly. It could have easily gone another five issues.

While I didn't like it as much as Jughead: The Hunger, Jughead's Time Police was a fun, quirky look at the Archie characters in another setting. Four out of five burgers.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment