Friday, May 27, 2022

Elric: Sailor on the Seas of Fate

Elric: Sailor on the Seas of FateElric: Sailor on the Seas of Fate by Roy Thomas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Elric: Sailor on the Seas of Fate collects Elric: Sailor on the Seas of Fate #1-7 published by First Comics, which adapts Elric: Sailor on the Seas of Fate by Michael Moorcock.

Roy Thomas teams up with Michael T. Gilbert and George Freeman to adapt the second Michael Moorcock Elric novel here. Officially, I prefer P. Craig Russell but this is excellent.

House-Roy adapts Moorcock's work well in his, using a lot of Moorcock's prose but largely letting the artwork speak for itself. Gilbert and Freeman keep the characters looking consistent with the previous volume, although looks a little more alien in this. His coloring isn't consistent, though.

The new characters introduced pretty much look how I'd expect. I pictured Hawkmoon's armor being green for some reason but Corum, Erekose, and Smiorgan Baldhead look like they do in my mind. The Olab look a little less avian and more reptilian but they still ring pretty true to what I pictured.

I don't like this quite as much as the first volume or the last volume in the series but it's still a solid book. 4 out of 5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment