Sunday, July 10, 2022

Phantom Starkiller #1

Phantom Starkiller #1Phantom Starkiller #1 by Peter Goral
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Phantom Starkiller, the cosmic ghoul warrior, is looking for a power crystal when he finds a young girl with mysterious powers. Will he bring her back to his master, Count Draco?

A couple of my guys were reading this on Twitter so I gave it a shot. It was awesome!

This is clearly a Star Wars homage but it's a heavy metal fueled homage featuring the bad guys. Phantom Starkiller is an undead assassin and one bad mother fucker, cutting down people, aliens, and droids alike with his electro-blade on the way to his goals.

I sprang for the Legendary edition, black and white with splashes of color on occasional pages, at 11 x 17. It's a gorgeous book with artwork in a bronze age style. Like I said, it wears the Star Wars influence on its sleeve and clubs people over the head with it.

Five out of five stars. I'm going to have to review Count Draco as soon as someone adds it to the database.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment